Easter

I love spring. I love hearing the birds chirping in the morning and the low humming of various mowers moving in patterns up and down their lawns. I love the crisp, cool mornings and the bright sunny afternoons. As a child, summer used to be my favorite season, but as the years go by, spring has become my favorite season. 

After the dead of winter and the dreary, long nights, the crisp morning sun is always welcome. The rebirth and budding of dormant plants makes me smile, and the world just starts to feel like home again. It's as if I travel somewhere in the winter, and I come home with the dawn of spring.

All that being said, never have I looked forward to a spring like I have this year. The winter wasn't actually all that bad; it was actually very light in comparison to past years; however, COVID-19 exploded in the U.S. at the end of winter, and now at the beginning of spring, I hope for a rebirth of a country, a people, our bodies, our health, love. The world needs so much love. 

I have needed so much love. As a person who has crippling anxiety from time to time (this being one of those times), I have appreciated the outpouring of love I have seen on the news, locally and worldwide. Just today, my kids brought me the mail with a newspaper clipping folded under the envelopes. My 94-year-old neighbor found an article about "things to do with kids without technology" in the paper and thought I might like it. It took maybe five minutes of his time to cut it out, write me a quick note at the top and place it in my mailbox, but it meant so much to me. And I think people are doing similar things all over the world. The world is a magnificent place full of great people. During times like this, I think we see that. We see how people use their influence for good. 

And that goodness is founded, whether they believe it or not, in Christ's theology to love our neighbor. At this Easter season and at the beginning of spring, I have found myself thinking about Jesus Christ, his life, his teachings, and his sacrifice. He always loved. He always served. He always showed us the way. I am so grateful for his example in my life and feel honored to remember that though he went through the darkest of weeks this week 2000 years ago, he also experienced the greatest light through the resurrection. I keep telling myself, "It may feel like a million Fridays, but at least Sunday always follows Friday." I need the rebirth that Sundays bring--the newness of life and the newness of a new week, especially at this time. 

1 comment :

  1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help. 

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley