the thing i am most grateful for...

The other night we enjoyed an early Thanksgiving with Tim's parents and aunt. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because I love how food brings people together and makes them feel grateful for all the other blessings in life.

We have been blessed this year. We have three gorgeous and lively girls who enrich our lives in a way I didn't know was possible and we have had the great privilege of having so many family visits. Each visit has meant the world to me, especially since I am still trying to get used to this new phase of life. I think if I had to think of the thing for which I am most grateful this year...it would be family: the family I was born into and the family I gained through marriage. No matter how alone I may feel here in Wisconsin, I know I am never alone because on any given day I know someone is thinking of me in Arizona, California, Texas, Michigan, Virginia and Utah.




1 comment :

  1. ...and England! I think about you and your lovely little family all the time, especially when I see this one mother I know who has three boys (and boy, girls are SO much better behaved than boys, I promise!)! I know how difficult it is to make friends in a new place, and I also know that sadly, it can be a long process. But once you make one...a few more seem to come along too. It'll happen, whether in a few weeks or a year, and until then your bloggy friends are here to listen to your thoughts! x

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley