When it rains, it pours...literally

Thursday was not my favorite day by any sense of the word. I believe it was a bum day because of the way it started. Here is a quick synopsis: I woke up and began to get myself ready for work when Tim went to school as normal. No problems...yet. I usually leave me house the same time each day to ensure that I will make it to the babysitter's house and work on time. Yesterday, two minutes before I normally leave, I went to open the blinds and found my owner peeking her head through the blinds. It kinda freaked me out. So I went to the front door and asked if she needed anything. She said she was just looking to see if we still lived here. Ummm...hello...we paid rent five days ago. She told me she needed me to resign a contract and I told her I was on my way out and asked if she could bring it back at a different time. She said it couldn't wait so I asked if she had it ready. She didn't even have the contract with her. She had to run to her office and come back with it. I patiently waited. She brought the contract back and we signed the papers. We are here for another year. When she left, I decided to quickly throw away the garbage and went outside only to realize the front door locked behind me with Mya inside. I didn't really care that I was now totally late to work. All I cared about was Mya was locked inside. I called out to the owner and she quickly returned only to say...I don't know if I have a key. She ran to her office and brought back a set of keys. We tried all the keys, but none of the keys worked. I stayed calm...surprisingly...and asked her if she had more keys. She went back to her office to locate the correct set. She was in her office for probably 10 minutes before returning and in the meantime, the weather turned bad. It started to rain big drops and my white work pants were soaked. Not a good combination. I found cover around back and waited until she came back and we finally got inside. Such an ordeal. Looking back, it seems a little ridiculous. Mya was a trooper though. She was okay the moment I held her.

The day continued in about the same fashion until it finally came to a close. Tim's team didn't win their championship game which really bummed me out. I was a nervous wreck and ended up leaving with Mya before the final game started because it was way past her bed time. I came home and cleaned the house to get it ready for Tim's parents. The cleaning helped me get out some of the stress. The rest of the weekend went better.

1 comment :

  1. Arggghhhh! Those days are the ones you try to avoid, and hope only exist in the movies.

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley