Chicago via my iPhone

How would you relish the windy city if you had two kids and twenty hours? Well, this is how we did it: {We ate delicious Chicago-style hot dogs, jumped on the beds of our tiny hotel room, made funny faces for the camera, slept maybe three of the eight hours we were in bed, played by the pool at 6am while we let daddy sleep, stuffed ourselves with a free continental breakfast, watched a little college game day, picked up Nana from the airport, rode the orange line from Midway to the city, walked Michigan Ave., enjoyed Giordanos stuffed pepperoni pizza, danced to the dj on Navy pier, judged all the Halloween costumes, drank warm hot chocolate from Starbucks at dusk, and smiled as two little girls slept all the way back to the train.}



I am still in love Chicago. The people, the hustle and bustle, the water, the wind envelops me, and I am whisked away in a dream. The dream is always interrupted when my children throw tantrums but comes back when we walk happily hand in hand down the crowded streets. Tim and I even stole a few kisses since mom was here to run around with Mya. Those moments are now forever locked in my heart. I heart Chicago.

3 comments :

  1. I LOVE IT! It looks beautiful. You look beautiful and as always, it was beautifully written. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a good time! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis! You look great! Glad you're having a good time with mom - I miss Chicago.

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley