life lately.

Life lately has been busy. Really busy. I went camping with my family last week, and I have to admit I loved being disconnected from the world. Although we didn't "rough it" and sleep in sleeping bags or tents, we spent nearly every waking minute at a lake I considered my second home as a child. Convict Lake is two miles from the highway, but it is tucked away quite nicely behind some mountains and hills so cell service is irregular at best. If we wanted to call someone, we had to drive the two miles and stand next to the highway in order to see a few bars appear on the phone.

My girls loved being away. I loved it too. There was some drama of course, but there is always drama in my family. We're all a bunch of divas you know. We are strong-willed and quick tempered people so things can go from zero to thirty in about a half second. But things always calmed down and we all really enjoyed ourselves. My girls loved the lake. V was particularly fond of fishing whereas Mya was content just playing in the water all day long. They have some pretty rad tan lines at this point. I do too. I'll get pictures up just as soon as I muster up the desire to upload them onto my computer. My will is waning at the moment.

Aside from my week long trip to paradise, I immediately started a job the day I returned so our camping bags plus six loads of laundry sit at my feet as we speak. I have been trying to find the motivation to get all this stuff put away but when Tim looks at me the way he does when 8 o'clock rolls around...I always decide to ditch my best laid plans and cuddle with him on the couch. I figure it will all get put away eventually.

So that's what's been going on around here lately. A whole lot of cuddling on the couch and avoiding my daily chores. Blah, blah.

1 comment :

  1. That totally sounds like me and Steve. Once the kids are in bed, that means its cuddle time even if there are dishes in the sink. It our time.

    Glad the trip went well. My kids have awesome tan lines from swimming. Brooks was asking if we could rub the white off his bum. He didn't get why his skin was different colors.

    Miss you, J!

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley