Picking my head up

Around 7:30 every night, I lay my head down on my pillow before picking it back up again to begin work. Lately, it's been harder and harder to pick it back up. Last night I even fell asleep at 8:20. I'm the lamest duck. Honestly. 

The thing is...is that these headaches of mine are out of control. I start nearly every morning with a can of Pepsi, which alleviates 1/4 of the pain by about 9:30. The headache comes back with vengeance around 10, but I don't really believe in drinking my calories so I try to head it off by taking necessary breaks during the day and going to bed earlier. I've really been trying to stay off my phone because the neon lights make it worse. And sadly, I'm even avoiding lots of chocolate. Note: I did not say all chocolate because that seems like cruel and unusual punishment. However, chocolate is a trigger for my headaches so it's best to avoid it when possible. 

But anyway, this post is really about nothing really, except the fact that tonight I was so bummed to lift my head off the pillow after closing my eyes for a couple of minutes. The tears had already begun to pool on the pillow when I forced my head up, but I did it. Sometimes responsibility beats desire. Sometimes. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley