A name and a blessing
















On July 10, 2016, Tim gave Timmy a name and a blessing at church. In the blessing, Tim blessed him to be a rock of faith to his family and friends, learn respect for women, and come to know his Heavenly Father and his Savior personally. He also told him what a joy he has been to his parents and his sisters and urged him to be a light like his mother--this particular blessing made my eyes pool with tears. People used to tell me I had the ability to light up a room, but I have often felt that talent has long since faded due to stress and a chaotic life so it was nice to hear that Tim still believes I can light up a room.

His blessing was very special to me. Each milestone, big or small, makes my heart ache because I know he is my last, and each experience with him will not be repeated. I am trying to soak up his little life as much as I can because I know it is passing very quickly. I love my baby boy. I kiss his round cheeks more than I can count. I thank my Heavenly Father for knowing I needed him in my life because I really was content with my girls, but He knew I needed this boy to help me grow in love. He teaches me more about love each day.

(And a special thanks to Lee and Veronica, the Doots, the Camachos, the Courtrights, and Chris Rogers for joining us for the blessing. Your love was felt!)

1 comment :

  1. Oh how I love blessing days. You had amazing support! That is so lovely, it was hard for me not to have anyone come to Teddy's at all. He is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley