Road Trip: California

We had such a good time visiting family and friends this weekend in sunny Los Angeles. I forgot what it's like to wake up in CA. It is unlike any other place I have ever been. Each morning we woke up, the skies were grayish black. In any other state, this would be a warning of rain. However, it is different in California. The gray skies blow away by ten and the sun is shining. It was great weather. Thank you to the Gallaghers, the Bohns, the Yazzies and the Foors for all the hospitality and fun. Also, thank you Amanda, Hayden and Matt for being available this weekend. You will never know how homesick I really was to see you guys.

Before leaving for CA, Tim made us chocolate chip milkshakes. Anyone who knows Mya knows she loves...loves...LOVES...ice cream, pie, cake, shakes, etc. She would not leave me alone. Tim snapped this shot of us with our milk mustaches. I thought it was precious.

We left for California, and the drive down was somewhat unbearable with a screaming child. She was so mad that she was tied down. I thought she would sleep more; I was totally misled. We spent Friday visiting previous neighbors and hanging out as a family. Tim, Mya and I joined Bryan and Ashley and my brother and Randi for Italian food in Echo Park. Delicious. The visit was much shorter than I would've liked. Next time it will be longer Ash...I promise. (Pictures to come.)

Saturday was spent visiting other family and eating delicious food provided by Mike, Steph, Cam and Jess. The food was amazing. We laughed and played games. It is a great memory.

The drive back was so much better. Plus, we were able to visit our favorite family in Vegas. We just love Garth and Jamie and their girls. Thanks guys. I must admit breaking up the driving is so worth it if it can be done. We had a much happier baby.

I guess my favorite part of the weekend was watching Hayden and Mya. I just love seeing them together. I love Hayden and don't get to see him much. However, he knew me from the beginning and hugged me all weekend. I wonder what it would be like to have a cuddly baby. Mine just gives me the stiff arm to the face. (Look at picture below with Mya and Matt...you'll understand.) I just can't believe how amazing kids are. They have the best perspective on the world around them.
Milk mustaches
Family fun
Smores
Daddy and Mya
Mannie and Hayden
Mya warmed up to Uncle Mike and the kids quickly. I think she thought Mike was PaPa.
Mike and Mya
My little girl
Okay...so I had fun with Photoshop with the following pictures. I am still an amateur, but I really love photography and would love to improve. Tell me what you think. What can I change? What do you like?

Mya and mommy eating smores...notice the stream of marshmellow on my lips.
The stiff arm
Hayden and NeeNee stealing a kiss
Cute brother
Matt and Mannie

Mannie...these pics are for you. I have the originals. I just had fun. I love the feet picture. It should go in a frame. Just copy them and print them at Costco. Or maybe...I will do it for you.

Hayden and Mommy








And as promised...Mya loved the cats. They didn't mind her too much either.

4 comments :

  1. It was brilliant seeing you and your family my dear! Mya is the cutest little thing ever. Next time we will have tons of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look of the blog! Sure is cute. Sweet pics too. Glad you guys had fun...especially Mya. Hog heaven with those cats, I tell ya...hog heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were just in CA too! I loved the early morning overcast too. Sounds like you are having tons o fun. I feel like you guys are always traveling somewhere fun. We need to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine! I'm so impressed with your photography skills these days! Please please PLEASE keep it up - I love the feet one :)

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley