The first real snow in Provo




We woke up to a lot of snow today. The snow plow woke me up around 5:30 as its metal shovel scraped the streets and laid salt to melt the blanket of snow. I walked downstairs, turned my lamp on, opened the back window and sat and read as I occasionally watched the snow continue to fall. I was excited for Mya to wake up. I knew this would be her first memorable experience with snow as she was a little too young to get what was happening last year. The moment we came downstairs and she looked outside, she started screaming, "Mommy...daddy...it snowed! It snowed! What happened daddy's car? It snowed!" She still doesn't understand that the car is okay even if it rains or is covered in snow. We put on as much winter gear as we had and let her run outside. Of course, the first thing she wanted to do after "crunch, crunching" the snow was to eat it. Of course...I let her. It was fresh. She ate her share too. I love the pictures I caught of the moment. She wouldn't look at me no matter how much I begged, so the above pictures will have to suffice.

I happen to love the first snow fall of every year. I mostly love snow as long as I don't have to walk in it or have it soak the bottoms of my pants. Thankfully, I am no longer a student and don't have to trek up the hills in the snow to class. I think I will like snow a lot more this year because of Mya. Tim and I need to get snow gloves so we can build a snowman with her. Until then, I will just let her out to eat what clean snow she can find.

3 comments :

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley