voice

In an already high-volume and distracting world, I am going to attempt to find my voice. Staying home has allowed me time to think. A lot of time to think. Although I have been given ample time to think, I have felt rather empty knowing half the time I did not write my thoughts and feelings down, leaving it for another minute or another day. Then when I would actually sit at the computer to write, I couldn't quite grip that once vivid and beautiful thought. It was gone.

So I have begun to carry a small, pink journal/notebook recently given to me. In it, I have already filled several pages with things that I see that spark interest or impressions left on my mind or heart during the day. I find the small book a unique token that I never knew I needed. With this small notebook, I intend to use my thoughts to write something. What? I don't know yet. When? Hopefully, by the end of this year or the beginning of the next. I have to be realistic you know. But before I ever reveal a bigger version of myself to anyone, I thought I would write a few pieces on my blog. Why? Because quite frankly, I am completely bored with my blog. Aren't you? I am writing this post only to request that when I write things that you will be honest with how you feel the piece has been written. I never took creative writing in college. I was glued to the rigid MLA or Chicago Style, so this is literally my first attempt at finding my Janine voice (without the help of a college classroom). Please leave a comment on how you feel or things you wish I would add or delete.

Thanks.

And for those of you worried I won't ever post pictures of the kids: don't fret. I will. I will just add a few pieces of me in between the "cute" pictures.

1 comment :

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley