twelve days of christmas baking: day seven


I'm the first to confess that on 80% of our breakfast making occasions, I use box pancake mix. It's easy and mindless and sometimes just what I need at 5 in the afternoon. But on rare happenings, I will bust out my homemaking skills and whip up a delicious batch of my homemade pancakes. They are preferred of course. I made these last night as Tim cooked those tasty potato morsels he said his grandpa always made when he visited Michigan (maybe if you're lucky...he'll jump on here later and add the recipe for the potatoes).

I would recommend these little pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Have them this weekend as you prepare for the holidays. I promise you won't be disappointed.

My pancakes
3/4 c. sour cream
7 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla (I am a little more generous with this one...I love vanilla)
Butter
Syrup

Mix the sour cream, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in the same bowl. Stir gently. Add beaten eggs and vanilla. Stir. Spray pam on your pan and start cooking. Butter the tops and add syrup to taste.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley