I hardly looked at him the entire night: Anna

My next guest blogger is an avid reader of our blog and is my newly-married sister-in-law. She and Paul were married in December and are now enjoying their final semester of undergrad as newlyweds. I wonder if they will keep their grades up...just kidding. I know they will. Anna is one of the kindest and most genuine people I know. I know she is already one fantastic wife.


What do your remember about your first date? 
Paul and I knew each other in high school...kind of. We knew of each other would be a better way to put it. So, after high school we both did our own things; school, missions, and then ran into each other one day on campus. Paul got my number and said we'd have to do something together sometime. I thought that was a great idea.

It was quite an ordeal getting the first date actually set up since we played phone tag back and forth for about a week and a half, but we were finally able to go out. We went on a group date to someone's house in Heber and it was great. There was a wonderful dinner, it was a beautiful night, and the house had a great game room upstairs that we took advantage of. I thought Paul was great; a wonderful conversationalist, fun to be around, easy to talk to, and we had some good discussions about things I was interested in like literature (including "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo and "Dead Souls" by Nikolai Gogol) among other things.

I was pretty excited at the end of the date and definitely was up for spending more time with this guy. And, luckily, it ended up working out. When I've asked Paul about that date, the only thing he remembers is that is was a good date...and that I hardly looked at him the entire night. I guess I was nervous. Whoops. Well, good thing we got to keep spending time together!

i will be featuring different pieces of some of my favorite bloggers and readers' love stories throughout the month of February since it is the month of love and all. So don't be alarmed if you have lots of posts from me this month. Happy "love" making, and I mean that in the cleanest way.

4 comments :

  1. i do that. i get nervous and can't look people in the eye. what a sweet story!

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. Brings back memories for me from the past.

    I hope you both have a long happy life together.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute post! you've got me thinking about my first date with lovebird. i've been chuckling to myself. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving these posts, Janine. So romantic and such a great idea for February!

    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley