a name slip: Lana

My next guest blogger, Lana, is a dental hygienist...and you know how I feel about dental hygienists. However, Lana is not your typical hygienist. I love her. She and I became friends while working at the hygiene college and have kept in touch through our blogs. She has the sweetest son; I just want to eat his cheeks. Her story made me laugh out loud.


Do you remember the reason behind your first fight? How did you make up?

I can't remember how long my husband (boyfriend at the time) had been dating but we were at his apartment alone, just cuddling, kind of started making out...and I called him my ex-boyfriend's name.....OOPS!!!  BIG no no!  He pulled away and looked at me and asked, "What did you call me?"  Then got up and left the room.  I just sat there wondering how that happened.  I waited for him to come back in but he didn't, so I gathered my things and said I'd walk home but he insisted to drive me.  The whole way back to my apartment was silent-neither of us said anything.  He eventually got over it but, my Tyson (my hubby) and my ex weren't the best of friends, especially since I waited for my ex almost the whole time he was on his mission and visited his family often.  Tyson almost gave up on me a few times because of that.  I had to reassure him I loved him and not my ex and that it wouldn't happen again.  I told him I didn't say it because I was thinking about my ex or anything to that matter, I was just more used to saying that name than my new boyfriend's.  I quickly cut my ex and his family out of my life completely and now I've been married 3.5 years and couldn't be happier with anyone else!

4 comments :

  1. I love this! I mean who hasn't called their lover by the wrong time once.......or maybe twice:::wink:::

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh!! I read it this morning and I lauged about it all day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now come on...whats so bad about Hygienists? You cant judge us all by how we act in school...school is sooo stressful and just kind of makes you cry all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha LOVE it! My hubby even laughed at it this time around...

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley