simple as a belly button


don't you wish life was as simple as discovering your belly button for the first time?

i do. this week has really been a doozy. i am tired beyond exhaustion. my littlest peanut has been suffering from the worse case of the stomach bug. on more than one occasion you could find us both on our hands and knees gagging on the poorly laid kitchen tile. she because the milk didn't sit right. me because the smell of her throw up was more than i could bear. we are quite the pair. mya has been avoiding both of us like the plague. i don't blame her.

my house is a disaster. the dishes are no longer screaming at me. they have now assumed the silent treatment. i just avert my eyes from the kitchen sink so i can't see the crumbs staring into my half-closed eyes. the clothes i folded last night have been tossed to and fro in mya's attempt to find her giraffe p-jammies. goldfish are already mashed into the nasty carpet i vacuumed this morning. and don't get me started on the bedrooms. perhaps we will all feel better this weekend, and i will want to clean. (let's be honest: who just wants to clean?)

parenting is a lot of work. it doesn't matter if your kids are two, twenty or fifty--you are always concerned for their welfare. when something isn't going right in their life, you want to help find a solution. at least, i do. i have hated watching v struggle this week. i have also missed running around the house with mya. i have had to neglect one just a little to baby the other. i know--tsk, tsk. i think deep down she understands.

although parenting can be hard, i am so glad i am a mom. i am happy that tim is my partner in crime. boy, is he ever a good partner. he came home early one of the days just to relieve me of some stress. he even let me slide on p90x. we've been going strong for over 6 weeks, but this week i just need a break. my body is at a breaking point. he has let me go to bed early and continued with the schedule as normal. what a guy.

someone recently asked me how i am able to blog with all that is going on around here. well, it's called scheduling posts. i write things down as i think of them. i save them and schedule them to appear a certain day. i refuse to neglect my little peanuts just to appease my writing needs. and believe me...i need to write. it clears my mind and heart and helps with the insomnia, oddly enough.

i hope you continue to enjoy all the relationship posts i have in store for you this month. i (and sometimes tim) have put a lot of thought into each post.

6 comments :

  1. That is the CUTEST picture!! :)

    Hope you get to take a long nap this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is the cutest! Hope the little one is feeling better! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what it's like to be ill when your little one(s) are (or aren't, which is sometimes worse depending on their energy levels...), and it takes at LEAST twice as much effort and energy to get things done - energy you're already lacking due to illness. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling girl!
    Hoping that your weekend improves for you :)
    Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great when our hubbies know when we need a break?! I hope you can get some rest this weekend and your peanut feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cutest little picture ever. i wish things could still be that simple. but even more, i hope that you little peanut feels better soon. sending prayers your way!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley