taking care of your own flame: Kaitlyn

I think it is funny how the blogging community connects people. I found Kaitlyn's blog: Vespa Tales, by clicking on a funny comment she left on someone's blog. After reading her posts for a few months, I realized she is best friends with someone I knew while I worked at the dental hygiene college. Small world. Kaitlyn is a fantastic photographer and a smart writer. I really loved the post she wrote the day before Valentine's day. 



how do you keep the flame alive after months or years of marriage? 

look I'm no expert, but I've found the best way to keep the flame alive in my marriage is to take care of myself. sounds selfish, but the principal make sense I promise. when I'm eating right, staying active, and devoting the appropriate effort to my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs I feel my best {DUH} but truly when I feel good about myself I exude confidence and the spark kinda takes care of itself. I feel the same way about my guy. I'm drawn to him most when he is his confident, independent, happy & healthy self. that comes from a devoted effort to nurturing ones self.

5 comments :

  1. So true. I know a lot of women, mothers in particular, who feel guilty about having any 'me time'. I'm a firm believer that having a bit of time to develop yourself makes you a better mother/wife/sister/ whatever. Plus, it also keeps you sane!Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never really thought about it like this before, but its SOOO true. When I feel good about myself Im able to be happy and confident. Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very true. i should probably do a better job in this and not stay in my pajamas all day long, ha
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this and would have to agree! Thanks for sharing it. Hope you had a sweet valentine's day!

    http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I just had a "light bulb" moment!
    thank you for writing this!

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley