one sleepless night











Did you see that cherubic face of my 16-month old? You would've thought that she had just woken up from the best night's sleep. WRONG. She hardly slept a wink which made for a really long night last night. My best friend from college (Eliza--pictured above) organized this little camping trip a few months back, and I was excited to see a few old friends so Tim and I decided to make the weekend work. At the time, I didn't really consider the fact that I would be 30+ weeks along in pregnancy or that my 16-month old baby girl would still be a terrible sleeper so camping didn't seem like it would be too hard. And it really wasn't until about 10p.m. V was a nightmare (so much so that Eliza's husband said that if crying was an Olympic sport, she would win). My back and burned shoulders  throbbed terribly. And Mya was terrified of the dark. 

So we basically didn't sleep at all. But even with our sleepless night, we had a great time. Not great enough to make us want to pack up the camping gear again anytime soon, but it was really fun. We camped at Warren State Park in Michigan. We spent most of Saturday burning to a crisp by Lake Michigan and enjoyed campfire hot dogs and s'mores for dinner. Does life get any better? Perhaps only with a good night's rest.

4 comments :

  1. the picture of the trees with the mist is really beautiful. I didn't realize you actually got almost NO sleep at all, you were brave to come Janine but I'm so glad you did! Next time we hang out I promise not to make you sleep in a tent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo where V is holding onto Mya like she's her protector - so, so sweet, and with these hormones of mine, it got me all teary-eyed thinking of Dot as a big sister! The family photos are nice too - and you all look great for being non-sleeping campers! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love camping! I bet it gets way way harder to do with kids though. Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your children have rare beauty!! They are so so precious!

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley