on being busy during the weekends


What does your dream weekend look like? 

My perfect weekend would include several naps, a few quiet hours to read, a movie in or out, several cuddle sessions with Tim, easily-made meals, light cleaning, long hot showers alone, dancing in the kitchen, chocolate sneaking and early bed times. 

This weekend was not my dream weekend. I was so busy that I hardly had time to think. I began feeling under the weather on Friday afternoon and that buzzing feeling really made my brain cloudy and my body heavy all weekend. I battled this nasty little cold bug while still trying to attend three different church meetings throughout the weekend, grocery shopping at several stores, entertaining four different people, making dinner for friends, playing with girls and giving Tim adequate attention.

I was able to steal a nap this afternoon while listening to the rain wash all the beautiful white snow from my lawn. And only now after all the girls are finally in bed am I finally able to properly string my thoughts together. Tim is waiting patiently for me to finish this entry so that we can cuddle on the couch. 

I don't like being so busy on the weekends. My house is in complete disarray and all I really want to do is sit next to Tim and soak in the light rays from the television. Even though Tim had the weekend off, I feel like I didn't see him at all. I live all week for the weekends just so I can be with him. 

I guess I'll just have to wait until next weekend. It's only five days away, right?

1 comment :

  1. Busy weekends are the worst because you always feel like you got nothing done, especially around the house!

    And I would much rather veg out on the couch than have to clean up!

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley