it makes my bones ache

Today has been a difficult one. One I hope not to repeat tomorrow. It was filled with too many tears and silent head shaking. Loneliness is creeping back into my bones. It makes my bones ache. I read today that work is an anecdote to loneliness. I believe that completely; however, it is hard to work or serve people when I've met only a handful of people and can only remember two names.

I had it good in Milwaukee, real good. I knew people genuinely cared for me and thought of me often. To be thought of is such a kind deed. I am aching for my old friends and my girls' playgroups and my favorite book club.

Just needed to write it out because I'm struggling even though I can't really find anything really to complain about over here in sunny San Diego.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley