letting go.

{taken this week as a small token for me to remember her sleepy nursing face}

My baby girl is weaning herself from me. I knew it would happen the moment her world expanded with that first step, and it has. I do believe this will be my last week nursing Elle. As is, we are down to one feeding in the morning, and I think she'd be done if I just let her, but a part of me has just been holding on to her last bit of babyhood.

Elle believes she is a big girl now. She refuses to let me carry her anywhere outside (it's a different story inside), but when her toes hit that cool concrete slab outside, she wants to be free. She stretches her arms out wide and picks up those chubby little knees and walks quickly to stay up with me and the girls. I know I loved the other girls' first steps, but this little one makes me chuckle with her determined face as she follows me around.

Nursing was such a sweet experience for me this time around. I was only able to nurse the other girls for a few months so going this long has been so amazing. Elle and I have a bond. She trusts me. She knows I can comfort her. I am sad to see it end, but I believe babies know when it's time to stop. And it's time.

Oh Elle, mama loves you. I love you to the moon and back.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley