A Texas wedding in Utah

Taylor and Katherine's wedding was so whimsical and romantic. It honestly felt like Katherine did everything she could to bring Texas to Utah. Both bride and groom were equally represented in style and taste, and everything went so smoothly. Taylor had asked Tim to help officiate the wedding during his visit to San Diego last September so it was a real treat to be included with all the family events.

Tim performed his part amazingly. He focused his words on how love transforms people and marriages. He used our favorite "love" quote from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe to begin his message: "This is the true measure of love: When we believe that we alone can love, that no one could ever have loved so before us, and that no one will ever love in the same way after us." If I had any inclination to putting up vinyl quotes on a piece of wood, I would definitely pick that quote. Alas, I hate vinyl about as much as I hate those wood signs so it's not going to happen. I digress.

I wish I could've recorded everything he said, but I was busy being a bridge for my unruly children who would not leave my full skirt alone. They kept running under it giggling as they hid between my legs. The parts I did hear made me remember why I love Tim so deeply. He is real, personal and respectful of every person he meets. He personalized his words for Taylor and Katherine as he focused on the experiences they would have in marriage that would allow them to reach their full potential together.

I have no doubt that these two are going to do great things together. They are amazing. It really was such an honor to be with them as they celebrated this ever important step in their lives. We wish them all the best.











No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley