A quick trip to Austin

Last week, Tim and I took the girls to Austin for a quick 2-day trip. The main objective of the trip was actually a night out for Tim and me to see Jim Gaffigan with our good friends Aaron and Nickell (more on this later), but just so you know...if Jim Gaffigan is ever visiting your town, it is well worth your time and money to see his show. So good.

On our second day there, we did the best we could to discover more of Austin with the kids. We would love to visit the kids without the girls, but for now, we will see it in pieces. We rented a canoe, thinking it would be a fun treat for everyone and rowed up and down the Colorado River for an hour. Tim and I love doing things like this, but Genevieve and Elle weren't big fans. Mya loved it, but it's probably because she is a dare devil and a thrill seeker and thought she located tigers, alligators, and a pirate's treasure chest. She was so proud of herself. I let her row for a bit until she clonked me in the head with the oar, and I think that was her favorite part. She is getting so big and wants more responsibility, which I would gladly give her if I could only ensure no one got hurt. ;)

Anyway, here are a few of the pictures we took on our canoe ride. I love Austin. It is such a unique city, and I can't wait to see more of it.






No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley