gratitude

There are so many moments where I am so grateful for this blog--this personal space of mine (or not so personal space according to my grandparents ;)), and I am grateful for the people who read and comment. In many ways, this blog allows me to stay connected to some of my dearest friends. As a mom, it is nearly impossible to talk on the phone with friends during the day for various reasons--the biggest being the kids. Kids make talking on the phone about as fun as eating ice cream topped with ketchup (I sincerely hope no one does that). 

So thanks for reading. And thanks for elevating me when I'm down. As a small note for the people who are genuinely concerned for my state of well being, know that I am well. I am living a crazy, but good life that is full of ups and downs and ins and outs. I often feel like a dishrag at the end of the day, I've been tossed, twisted and rung out all over the place, but I remain a very important element in the house. I write of my sad moments so I can purge them from my brain. You should know that writing is therapeutic for me; I write so I can completely feel all the emotions that are swirling inside of me, and generally, after I write, the emotions settle, and I am free once again. 

I love to write. I feel connected to my spirit as I write. I don't know how else to put it. I'm glad you're still with me, even in my messier moments. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley