sometimes.

Sometimes I cry on my walks with Blue. I'm not sure why. Today I cried because I felt deflated and alone, even though I am rarely alone. We walked up and down the street slowly, and I let the rain seep into my dry hair and skin. The light drizzle hid the tears on my face.

I've decided there isn't always a reason we do the things we do. Sometimes we just need a good cry or a good laugh, depending on the situation. I came home, dried my tears and made a warm bowl of steel cut oats with berries (I really wanted fried chicken fingers, but I didn't have any of those). I ate in perfect silence and now feel resolved to make the rest of the day better than it started.

Happy Tuesday.

3 comments :

  1. I've had those same feelings today. Like I'm tired of trying so hard to make friends and I feel like I'm getting no where. And not just like, friends at church or whatever. Really good friends. Hopefully that makes sense. Anyway, crying in the shower is the very best. That's my cry spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry Janine, I don't do a good job at being a good friend when there is so much physical distance in between us or other wonderful friends. i think about that often. And its true, you can feel alone even though with kids you are NEVER alone. Sorry this morning you felt that way. I do think about you a lot, even if i'm terrible at showing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the many reasons I love you so much. You make me feel normal. You helped me realize that emotions without any real reason can be totally normal and there's no reason to feel guilty about it. April can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley