my girls


I love looking through pictures of my girls. They are growing up so fast. We snapped a few shots of the girls in their Easter dresses the week before Easter, and I love how alike and how different they all are. You can tell they are sisters by their appearance, and yet they each have their own individual look.

Today I went to get Elle from her nap, and as I slowly opened her door, I noticed she was still sleeping. She looked exactly like Mya when Mya was 2.5 years old. Her hair--sweaty and curly from the humidity--was pasted to her forehead. I sat there for at least a minute remembering how much I loved finding Mya sound asleep in the warm summer sun. I ran to grab my phone so I could take a picture of the striking resemblance to show Tim, but she awoke before I could get one. I was bummed, but at least the memory is etched somewhere in my brain.

These girls of mine are good girls. I love each of their personalities. (And if I'm going to be completely candid, I also detest parts of their personalities too. ;)) We've been having a lot of good days lately. The sun has been out so we've been enjoying the outdoors as much as possible, which makes for happy, tired kids come bedtime. Thank goodness. Anyways, I just love them. And I am thankful for them every single day.

And a few outtakes.


^^This is probably one of my favorite pictures of Genevieve. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley