light

I wanted to write on Easter, but we arrived home from Houston late, and I didn't have a chance to sit down let alone write a few feelings on the blog. But today, I continue to have that feeling that I should must write some of my feelings about Jesus Christ.

If I could describe the relationship I have with Christ in one word, that word would be light. The very thought of him fills my mind and heart with light and seems to edge out the uninvited darkness that creeps in from time to time. The thing about life is that life is full of darkness: temptations, addictions, hatred, judgment, regret, insecurities, loneliness, anger, depression, rebellion, doubt, self pity. And there are moments were the darkness, in whatever form it may present itself, may attempt to swallow us whole and leave us feeling abandoned and ashamed. I've been there. There are days I find myself there still. And with a head hanging down and a heavy heart, I feel powerless. I feel powerless until I remember the source of all power, and with just the flick of a switch, such as a light switch, the light dispels the darkness. And even if the light isn't bright enough to dispel all of the darkness, there is usually just enough light for me to begin navigating back to an area beaming full of light.

I believe Jesus Christ is the source of all the light in my life. Even if I don't think directly of Him every minute of every day, my knowledge of Him influences every thought I have and every action I make. His life continues to teach me how I should be as a person. He is and was the perfect teacher, the perfect son, the perfect friend, the perfect guide, the perfect judge, and the perfect example.

I would not have made out of my momentary darkness without Him. In every way, I am grateful for a loving God, who gave His Son to the world, whether the world chooses to believe in Him or not. I too am grateful for a religion that is focused on Him. I was lucky enough to be raised in a religion that has taught me to search for truth, even if it meant struggling through doubts. I have had my doubts. I still have a few, but I am holding fast to the truths that I know.

God is so good to us. So, so good. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He is the light of my life. And I hope that during the peaceful Easter season we just enjoyed that you were able to feel His light too.

1 comment :

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley