I will never forget

Today, at 8:46 am, I drove Genevieve and her classmate to preschool, and we happily sang "There's a hole in the bucket dear Liza." At 9:03 am, I buckled the Elle and Felicity back in their carseats so we could return home.  And at 9:37 am, I nursed Felicity in her room before putting her down for her morning nap.

Today, the events of my life are so different than they were when I woke up on September 11, 2001. I was too young--too naive to understand the magnitude of the American Airlines flights 11, 175 and 77. My morning today was calm, whereas my morning 14 years ago was filled with complete chaos and fear.

I will never forget September 11th. I am proud to be an American. I am grateful for freedom. I am grateful for kindness. I am grateful for change. I am grateful for governments. I am grateful for peace.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley