Twelve days of Christmas baking: day five (Peach cobbler)


I know people are partial to cobblers or crumbles, but if I had to choose between a cobbler or a crumble, I can almost guarantee I'd choose cobbler every time. I've had my fair share of cobblers at church functions, but nothing ever really stuck out to me until I tried this very simple recipe from the Pioneer Woman. I almost always alter recipes a little, but there are so few ingredients in this recipe that it would be impossible to change it.

Peach/Blackberry Cobbler
1 stick of butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. self-rising flour
1 c. milk
2 c. peaches/blackberries (fresh or frozen)

Melt butter in microwavable dish. Mix in 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Pour in melted butter and mix well. Butter a baking dish.

Pour the batter into the buttered dish. Sprinkle peaches over the top of the batter, distributing evenly. Sprinkle 1/4 c. sugar over the top.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden. Add an extra teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it's done.

Recipe from Pioneer Woman

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley