Christmas Eve night











We haven't totally cemented traditions for Christmas Eve evening. The last two years have been a bit of a bust because we haven't had a meal planned so we ended up eating leftovers, which just seems lame in my opinion. I grew up eating prime rib on Christmas Eve with my family, and I kinda can't wait for my kids to relish in fine foods, but until then, we really need to hammer down a better meal plan so we don't end up scrambling at 5pm. The girls didn't seem to notice, mostly because they anxiously awaited frosting sugar cookies for Santa. After frosting cookies (rather...eating frosting), we read a Christmas book and reminded them of the real meaning of Christmas before allowing them to open their Christmas pajamas and slippers.

It was such a delightful evening. I didn't feel stressed or rushed or distracted. I felt close to my girls and Tim, and I couldn't wait to see their faces in the morning.

1 comment :

  1. Such a beautiful family! It's so fun to check in and see how big they all are!!!

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley