Pajama days


Sometimes pajama days are my favorite days. I tend to move a little slower around the house, and I tend to overlook the small piles collecting in corners of the room, and I find myself sitting on the floor playing with bright-colored musical toys with my babies. One baby is almost always planted in my lap while the other is grabbing at my leg with a dimpled hand. Today Elle joined us, and we laughed so much my stomach hurt.

I'm trying to steal more of these moments lately. Moving to Michigan--and soon-to-be Indiana--has made me distant from social scenes, mostly because life has been quiet around here for the past few weeks. I haven't taken a lot of pictures on my phone or even looked at my phone much during the day, and I've experienced more still moments with my kids. It's been really nice. I know things will change as we adjust again to a new house, new schedule, new set of friends, new school, etc., but I am trying to find peace in the storm, and today's pajama day offered quite a bit of peace.

I just rocked Timmy before placing him in his crib, and before I put him down, I brought him close to my face and enjoyed a smaller scale version of skin to skin where our cheeks were pressed next to each other and all we could hear was the sound of our own breathing. My baby is 9 months old. Geez. His cheek is almost the size of my cheek (hahaha), and being that close to him as he grows is so important to me. I love him so much--probably too much; he's going to get away with murder. But I am grateful for the still moments that help me be close to my growing babies because I keep catching glances of them all looking much too old for their own good, and it scares me to death.

Let them be little forever.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley