little things

Nearly every night I sneak into Birdie and Timmy's rooms and I wake them up as softly as I can to carry them to the bathroom one more time before I go to bed. Timmy always lays his head on my shoulder, breathing softly onto my cheek. Birdie always wraps her long legs around my waist and squeezes my neck tightly until I set her down. Then she rests her head on my legs while we wait for her to go to the bathroom.

Mya has a way of playing with Mr. Bear's ear while we read to her at night. She sits there attentive to every word, brushing his ear between two of her fingers back and forth, back and forth. 

Genevieve likes to trace the side of my body with her pointer finger while I read Narnia to her at night. At first my body tensed at the touch because it felt too personal, but then I relaxed when I realized she's probably copying the same behavior I do to her. I love to trace and outline her face and arms. I am no longer tense at the touch. 

Elle seeks one-on-one time the most. She almost always sits on my workout bench in the mornings, watching my lift weights or run on the treadmill. She'll bring me water and chatter away until the workout is done. This morning she begged me to go with me on my run outside. I had planned to run 3.5 miles on the street. I wanted to say no because running is such a personal thing for me, but I saw her face and told her to find her shoes and her helmet. She rode her bike beside me, telling me why it was important that she was created different than her best friend. She said, "She's different than me. And that's actually perfect because I don't think I'd like being the same as anyone else. I like that we are all special." Elle is a special girl. 

These are little moments that have been on my mind a lot lately, and I wanted to record them. There's so much to motherhood that really needs to get recorded because it's cute or funny, but there isn't enough time. Perhaps I can mention a few funny things: Timmy calls pepperoni "pepporina," and there isn't a single ounce of me that wants to correct that little bubba. Elle has started to spell out her sentences so Birdie can't understand her. It makes me laugh because it seems like such a big person thing to do, but she's caught on, and she loves telling us stuff Birdie can't understand. Tim has stops at gas stations if Mya ever tells us she has gas. He figures it's best to mix gas with gas. It makes me laugh every time she tells me they've stopped somewhere. 

1 comment :

  1. My name is Alandre, and I base in USA...My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids.I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide,i was emotionally down for a very long time.Thanks to a spell caster called Blessed Mark, Which i met online. On one faithful day,as I was browsing through the internet,I came across allot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back,some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness,some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on.I also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Diana,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped Blessed Mark e-mail address:Blessedlovetemple@gmail.com After reading all these,I decided to give it a try.I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him.In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before Blessed Mark, is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man...If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems for you. contact his email address: Blessedlovetemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley