Elle graduates to 1st grade








Elle graduated from kindergarten this afternoon. She had tears in her eyes when I caught up with her in the hallway after the ceremony. I asked her why she was sad, and she said, "I just love Mrs. Kuehne so much. I am going to miss her and my class." Mrs. Kuehne and Elle text each other frequently, and Mrs. Kuehne often tells me that Elle just feels like a friend. There is going to be a major Mrs. Kuehne let down next year, and there's nothing I can really do about it because to be quite honest, Mrs. Kuehne is a kindergarten fairy. She's one of a kind. I always tell her that I want to be just like her when I grow up.

So proud of Elle and how hard she's worked this year. She is reading on an end of 2nd grade level and has almost mastered 1st grade math. She puts her mind to things and is always determined to do hard things.

(Also, a side note, kindergarten graduation is just ridiculous, but whatever.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley