last day of 4th, 2nd, and kindergarten


last day (above) vs. first day (below)


The first day of school has nothing on the emotions of the last day of school. I think every kid left the school crying today--sad to leave their friends, their teachers, and their comfort zones. I spent roughly   18 hours at the school this week helping with field day, reading to different classes, watching graduations, watching honor roll ceremonies, watching plays, etc. It has been a whirlwind. I'm so glad to be done.

I have not enjoyed this year at all. I loved 2 of the 3 teachers so much. I am indifferent to the third teacher; I did not interact with her much. I loved my time in my girls' classrooms. I hope to spend more time in them next year as both babies will be in school. I worked as PTO secretary and let's just say I'm so ready to Marie Kondo that out of my life--it did not spark joy. I have been deeply embarrassed by my kids' school administration and other parents at the school. I cannot wait to spend less time in that building next year.

But putting my feelings about the school aside (which are largely negative), my kids loved their year, and that's what matters. Enjoy a few pictures from the day:













No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley