MYA ANAHI DOOT: 10/9/08

My nurse, Chelsee, helping with breathing. She was a great nurse. I had to wear an oxygen mask because Mya's heart rate dropped quickly.

Our last picture before Mya was born. I am so tired...as you can tell. Tim was being a great sport.

This picture was taken a few minutes after she was born. Mya was born listening to Bob Marley. The doctor wanted Tim to sing "Come, Come ye Saints" or "God bless America," but Tim opted out of that. He just put Bob Marley on the iPod and sang along to it. The doctor had never delivered to Bob before. Mya already loves Bob as I do seeing as it was the only music that would calm me during pregnancy.

All cleaned up but still a little blue.


Tim holding her as she tried to figure out what was going on.


When I held Mya for the first time, tears came to my eyes. It was such a special moment. I can't describe it, but I think moms know what I am talking about.


Proud daddy with his pink cigar. Our friends Rusty and Whitney brought me a balloon and candy and they brought Mya a bear and Tim a cigar. I like this picture.

We just love this picture. Everybody that knows me well knows I love the color red. Of course the nurses chose to put a red bow in her hair.

Mya after bath time. She was so sleepy.


Our first family photo.

We welcomed Mya into our tiny family yesterday at 6:42 a.m. She weighs 6 lb. 10 ounces and is 18 1/2 inches long. My labor wasn't bad. We arrived at the hospital at 2:30ish after an hour of contractions at home. I was dilated to a 7 when we arrived and within minutes I was dilated to a 9. The quickly gave me the epidural and other than a few minor worries from the nurses, I was in active labor and everything was fine. I started pushing when the doctor got there around 6:15 and she was born less than a half an hour later. I felt pretty lucky that it went so well.

Now I am in recovery mode. I hurt but am okay. I will be leaving the hospital tonight if all remains the same. Mya is healthy and happy. She had a bad night last night. I think she finally realized she was no longer in my womb. Poor dear. Tim saved my sanity this morning after four hours of her relentless crying. It was so sad to hear her cry but I kinda think it is the cutest cry ever.

We both love her so much and are happy that she is with us. Tim is the greatest husband and dad.

7 comments :

  1. She is beautiful! Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! Welcome to the world beautiful baby Mya!!! Welcome to motherhood beautiful Janine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she is PRECIOUS! I can't wait to hold her! You guys look great.. I'm glad everything went well. Hopefully we'll get to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I love her cute little red bow! Welcome to the beautiful life of being a mommy...like you said, there is nothing like that first moment with your new baby and now you'll get precious moments like that every day! Good luck as you all transition to your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is perfect. i know what you mean about having them in your arms for the first time. you will never forget that feeling! i am so happy for you. i look forward to seeing mya. what a beautiful baby girl! you look so happy, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! I am so happy for you! I totally know what you mean about crying the first time you held her. When I first held my little guy I could not stop the tears. I was so happy. CONGRATS and enjoy every minute, it goes by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Janine! She is adorable. I love that she was born listening to Bob Marley...at least she wasn't born on 4/20 like Cambria :) Hope you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley