September 27th

Two of my favorite and best friends celebrate their birthdays on September 27th. It has been a special day in my life since I met my best friend in freshman science class when I was 14. It became an even more important day when I married Tim and realized this day would forever be a day of celebration in my life. So here is my tribute to two of people in my life who never cease to inspire and push me forward.

I don't know what I love most about Tim this year. Tonight, I would have to say it was his prayer with Mya. We started praying with Mya a few months ago, and it has become some of my favorite few minutes of each day. Tonight, as Tim coached Mya through the prayer, we were all laughing out loud. Tim would say one thing...Mya would say something completely different and just laugh out loud. Then we would all laugh.

I have become increasingly more aware of how incredible Tim is this year. Although he remains humble about his knowledge base, his intelligence never ceases to amaze me. He is currently balancing working 20 hrs. of work a week, taking 12 credits of hard mechanical engineering classes and being the team leader in his capstone project. And he is an incredible dad and husband. He never complains. He never gives up on me. And even if he has a ton of homework, he helps me with the laundry or whatever chore I am doing around the house. I love him more than I can say. He has been more than I could've asked for.

Ashley,

I needed you 13 years ago in that silly chem/phys class, and I still need you just as much. I miss the days of passing notes and sneaking crumb doughnuts. (Have you even eaten those since high school?) I miss the Friday nights visiting you at Blockbuster or watching period films with Kath. I miss laughing about silly salon gossip. I miss a lot of things about living close to each other. However, I am grateful for every phone call that forces me to take a lunch at work. I am grateful for every piece of advice that forces me to remember who I am and who you know I can be. I am grateful for your blog. I need it. It makes me laugh at loud more than a few times each week. It also provokes thoughts that only you can provoke. I am grateful for the few times we have been able to see each other over the past few years.

I want you to know that you are one special lady. You make people smile every day. And that is a talent I only dream of. You make people think outside the box. You make people feel like they can be more than they are. And normally you try to help them be more. I love you and need you in my life. I am sad I missing your party. I hope you celebrate in style. Sorry I stole the picture from your blog. I just thought you were so beautiful in it and thought everyone should see your face.

Love you,
Janine

1 comment :

  1. Dear Janine,

    That's perhaps the best Birthday present I've ever received. I am so lucky to have you in my life. I'm thankful for all that we share, and continue to embrace in our lives. I'm thankful for our colorful past, present, and future. I'm thankful that you and I can ALWAYS pick up right where we left off. I'm thankful for your encouragement, laughter, stories, advice, wisdom, and kindness. I'm thankful for a forever friendship. We needed each other then, we still need each other now. I love you with all my heart.

    And yes-I still eat those crumb doughnuts!!!

    Love,

    Ashley

    P.S. Happy Birthday Tim! Birthday buddies rock.

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley