miss me?

Have you missed this face? I know you have. Don't worry...she's still here.



Mya is in love with dresses. She prefers pink dresses but can be convinced to wear anything if you try hard enough. Her princess personality still surprises me. I guess it does because I just always pictured her as a tomboy. And while she has a rough side, she is definitely all girl. She is a nurturer. She is sweet. She is emotional. She is bossy. She is "pritty." She is a singer. She is a dancer. We were at BYU the other day, and we passed some ballroom dancers warming up in the hallway. She insisted we stopped and watched all the "princesses" twirl around. We watched for nearly ten minutes. I asked her if she wanted to dance someday and she said, "Yes mommy. I do." I also catch her singing to herself or her dolls ALL the time. She makes up her own words. Yesterday she sang, "Happy birthday song to Mya" over and over. Just those words. She went up and down the scale of notes until she finally grew quiet. I just love my little girl. I wish I could really say how I really feel about her. How I feel about her when I turn around in the car and we just smile at each other. Or when I wake her up in the morning to get ready for the day. Or when she comes over and wants me to hold her "tight." She and I are really developing something here. A friendship. A bond. Who knows? But I like it.
----------
On a different note, we celebrated Valentine's Day a week ago with these delicious red velvet cupcakes Eileen brought us. They were amazing. You can tell I totally enjoyed every bite. It is hard to think of wanting to be romantic on Valentine's Day this year seeing as I am over 8 months pregnant, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve. So here's to Cupid and his shooting arrows. I hope he brings you some love this year.

2 comments :

  1. Your little Mya is adorable! I love ur hair dark by the way. You look really cute! I miss you and can't wait to see the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a few more weeks Janine!! And then my turn will be a few more week after that! HOW ARE YOU? You're right, the cupcakes do look absolutely divine! I do like the hair color change... I've been itching to dye mine but am waiting for the babies to arrive first. Mya is SO cute--enjoy the princessy stage... you can still get away with saying "princesses do it this way" to coerce more desirable behaviors! haha!

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley