an awkward moment without words: Ashley

Ashley, my next guest blogger, is the sister of one of my favorite people in the world. Her sister Stephanie saved me from my terrible sophomore year and that dreaded hole we lived in south of BYU. I will be forever grateful. I am also so happy that during my friendship with Stephanie, I have had the privilege of meeting her family. I love Ashley. I remember that when I first met her and heard she was studying some sort of science, I thought she was out of her mind. I do not like science. I thought she'd be a nerd. She is not. She is beautiful, smart, funny and very talented.


What was the first awkward moment? 

The first awkward moment...was totally awkward! (This probably isn't the first, but it was the biggest.) Let me start by saying 7 years ago, when Ryan and I were dating, I wasn't used to sharing my emotions with anyone, especially not someone who I wasn't 100% sure that I was going to marry! One night, after several months of dating (I don't remember how long), Ryan took me on a date. Toward the end of the night, he drove us to the Provo Temple so that we could walk around. It was cold, I remember, but we got out of the car and were admiring the beauty of the temple anyway. We sat down on a bench and several minutes later, he told me that he loved me. I wanted so badly to tell him " I love you too!!!!!!!!!", but instead, I just looked at him with my big "deer in the headlights" eyes. Several seconds later (that's a lot of time in said situation), when I didn't even crack a smile and not one word left my mouth, we just stood up, walked to the car and he drove me home. AWKWARD! We laugh about it now--I was just SO nervous to say it back, even though I totally loved him too!

2 comments :

  1. I love reading love stories. Thanks for sharing so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Collins Gary from switzerland, i want to testify to the general public how my relationship was restored back by the great power's of Dr Zuma after three months of loneliness, my ex-lover called me after my contact with Dr Zuma that he want us to come back and start a good home, now we are happily married. All thanks to Dr Zuma for his wonderful spiritual help. You can contact him on his via email spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com call him +15068001647 if you have similar problem, or any solution you ....

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley