A fake prom: Kara

Kara, my next blogger, was the first person I met in Peoria. I called her upon hearing we were moving to Peoria and asked her to help me look for housing since we didn't have the funds to come out and look for ourselves. She was kind enough to oblige, and I have since learned that she has a very giving heart for everyone. She is always helping someone. She has been more than an example to me; she is a true friend in every sense of the word. She met her husband Danny when she was 13 and he was 16. A small crush developed and bloomed into an awesome marriage.


What was your most fun date?

He threw us a Prom. We dressed up in prom dress and tux. We ate at Olive Garden (where we got weird looks), and then he took me downtown. We did a horse carriage ride all around downtown. I have always wanted to do that. Afterwards we went back to his house where he had decorated his deck with lights, roses, sparkling cider, and chocolate eclairs. He also made a cd of Slow songs then we danced the night away. AWESOME date.

2 comments :

  1. Kara and Danny are great! I think they were the first friends we made here too because they are so outgoing and make everyone feel welcome :)

    I love their first date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound like incredible friends to have. What a loving story they have. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley