love


Friday was a near perfect day. When Tim texted me around 3pm and asked how I was doing, all I could reply was "I am happy." My usual responses: "I'm tired;" "The kids are going crazy;" or "I am losing my patience."

So what was it about Friday? I don't know. Perhaps it was because we started the morning off the way I wish every morning could begin--with sprinkled donuts. Or it was the lovely 50 degree weather that graced Peoria. Or maybe it was the fact that V took two...two naps. Or perhaps it was because I didn't sit down at the computer once.

There are frustrating moments in motherhood. Sometimes those moments can be overwhelming, but the happy moments seem to blur the bad ones. I loved my girls so much on Friday. We laughed and played and ate and napped and cuddled together. Perfection at its finest.

4 comments :

  1. I needed to hear this, and I'm so glad it was a great day for you!! Those are the days. :) Ben also wishes every day could start with donuts. Every morning he asks if Daddy brought home donuts. When I say no, he starts crying and throwing a huge fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are all so sweet! Glad you had such a nice day xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'll ever be ready for all the tired, exhausting, frusteratibg days motherhood entails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be fabulous if every day DID start with sprinkled donuts??!!

    I just did a post on my first year in motherhood! It has been quite the adventure and I wouldn't trade it for anything. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley