My first kiss with the player: Whitney

I am so excited to share the stories I've received over the past month. I feel privileged my friends and fellow bloggers/readers would divulge pieces of their love story with me. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. 
{The first entry is very fitting for today's theme. Whitney is one of my very best friends. Neither of us has ever had too many girl friends, so the fact that we clicked is a pure miracle. She and Rusty are our equals. We are not completely us without them.}

Our first kiss; how to describe it? Ah, one word…persistence. I was “waiting” for a missionary when I met Rusty and wasn’t really looking to date anyone seriously. Rusty dressed like a bit of a thug and put off a “bad boy/player” vibe. I agreed to hang out a few times and on the second night we hung out (in less than a week) he tried to kiss me…tried. I saw it coming and spent the majority of the evening keeping my head in hard to reach places. We walked around a little outside and he tried again, but I dodged him. The next night we hung out again, which meant he tried to kiss me again. That time I wasn’t quick enough for the complete miss, but gave him the cheek instead. At that point it was obvious to both of us (and to all the curious eyes that wander at Raintree Apartments) that he was trying…hard. We stayed out until after midnight, snuggled outside in blankets thanks to the honor code. At that point the ever elusive kiss was a conversation point. It went something like this:
Rusty: “Why don’t you want me to kiss you?”
Me: “You barely even know me, why do you want to kiss me?”
Rusty: “Well, I’m good looking and you’re good looking, soooooo…..why not?” (Yes, that’s for real)

I remember thinking man, this player is playin’ hard. So we snuck into the Raintree clubhouse and watched a movie. We stayed in there until 6am and Rusty was trying everything he could think of to get that kiss. Finally around 7am he had had enough and got up, ready to go back to his apartment. I thought wait…don’t go. I think I DO want you to kiss me.  So I told him not to leave, to which he looked at me suspiciously and tried one last time…success.  As he walked me back to my apartment I thought well, player got what he wanted, guess that’s it for him. Almost 6 years later I can firmly say…thank goodness he proved me wrong.


i will be featuring different pieces of some of my favorite bloggers and readers' love stories throughout the month of February since it is the month of love and all. So don't be alarmed if you have lots of posts from me this month. Happy "love" making, and I mean that in the cleanest way.

2 comments :

  1. What a player. Sounds like he was playin... hard. I can see Rusty doing that, you know what they say: once a player...

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley