Our love story: The first kiss

As I post stories from other bloggers/readers throughout the month, Tim and I thought it would be fun to share pieces of our love story with you too. (We'll be writing them together because we are insanely cute like that.) Some of you may know them already, but you'll just have to hear them again. Plus, we indulge a little more in writing than we do in actual speech so you may learn something new.


Me: Do you want to start?
Him: No, you go ahead. I want to think about it first.
Me: I just remember we got out of the Taurus. Did we go on a date?
Him: I don't know.
Me: Me either.
Both: Hmmm. [head scratch]
Him: Was it a Sunday?
Me: Yeah, I think so.
Him: Or was it a Saturday?
Me: I think it was a Sunday. I didn't see you the day after our first date.
Him: Yes you did. You saw me everyday.
Me: Oh.
Him: You strategically "left your gloves" in the car so I had to see you. Quote, unquote.
Me: Ahh...I remember.
Him: I know it was snowing.
Me: I remember a street light. Wasn't there a street light?
Him: There was some light. Probably the heavens smiling upon us. [hahaha]
Me: You walked me up to the stairs, right?
Him: No, I drove up the driveway. We only walked two steps or so because the door was on the side of the house.
Me: Hmmm. I am bad at this.
Him: Duh.
Me: So there was a light. From heaven, right?
Him: You gave me the look. I had to do it. [hahaha]
Me: You gave me the look so I gave it right back.
Him: No I didn't. Whatever.
Me: You did. Admit it.
Him: You totally wanted it.
Me: True, but so did you.
Him: I obliged.
Me: No...I let you kiss me.
Him: Oh please.
Me: Was it just a peck?
Him: Uhhh...I think it started out a peck.
Me: Oh. Perhaps we should censor the rest.
Him: Must have been memorable. [hahaha] Good thing we had others.
Me: I still remember your face--the way it wanted to kiss me.
Him: Oh please. You have a bad memory. We all know you forget everything.
Me: Rude, but true.

But really, I do remember a soft light coming from somewhere, we'll say it was from heaven, and it was lightly snowing. It was perfect. I had wanted Tim to kiss me since he held my hand while watching The Office on our very first date (which happened to be the day before). Well, I had wanted him to kiss me since I decided I was totally smitten after two phone calls. So I had to wait a long, long time.

Tim just remembered it all happened after we went to the wedding reception of the guy I thought I was going to marry before I realized Tim was way better suited for me. Tim kindly agreed to be my date to this other dude's wedding. (He was a gem from the beginning.) I was staying at my best friend's house in Salt Lake, and I remember holding hands on the way home. I knew we were going to kiss. He knew it too.

i will be featuring different pieces of some of my favorite bloggers and readers' love stories throughout the month of February since it is the month of love and all. So don't be alarmed if you have lots of posts from me this month. Happy "love" making, and I mean that in the cleanest way.

3 comments :

  1. Bahahahahaha I love everything about this story

    ReplyDelete
  2. this story is just perfect! what a great idea!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet--I love first kiss stories, it always just seems to happen and the details get fuzzy but the emotions are never forgotten.

    Thanks for the commment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley