goddess

"In a child's eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe."
--N.K. Jemisin

I have had a few conversations with friends lately about the struggles of motherhood. So many of my friends are extremely hard on themselves as they critique the way they parent their children. I too can often be hard on myself. However, I have learned to be kind to myself and my children as we learn and grow together. I loved the quote above because it is absolutely true.

As mothers we have an incredible power to show love, even on days when we think we've failed.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley