art education

My husband is an artist. His work lines the walls of his parents' house. I can't wait until I can hang his work in our home too. I am patiently (or not so patiently depending on who you talk to) biding my time until he creates something new for our place. We have a few ideas in mind for our next rental so I am crossing my fingers that those ideas actually make it to fruition.

Unlike Tim, I am not an artist. I can hardly draw stick figures without adding an extra finger or hand. I am so inept when it comes to art that even my kids know not to ask mom to draw anything. They just wait the long ten hours until dad gets home to ask him to draw whatever princess or animal is on their minds. It's embarrassing.

Although I lack all artistic ability and talent, I crave art. I love visiting art museums and have long awaited the day I could take my children to stare at impeccable statues and jaw-dropping paintings. While we anxiously awaited the knowledge of our future home, Tim decided to take a personal day so that we could get our minds off work and back on the family. The Milwaukee Art Museum is free on the first Thursday of every month so we decided to pack the kids in the car and head down to get some new education.

The girls loved it. No, they didn't see beauty where I saw it, but they were able to use their hands and their own imaginations to create their own beautiful masterpieces. We can't wait to do it again.

^^look mom...bummies. poop and bummies. can you guess we are potty training in this house?^^
 





1 comment :

  1. I feel silly posting for such a silly reason, especially because I read your blog faithfully and love how you are constantly amazing and inspiring me... But I am in LOVE with this lace top/dress you are wearing. You look so hot! I need a brother in fashion! 😘

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley