the itch

I'm starting to get that itch--the baby one. I know most of you are shaking your head at the moment, but I don't care. Although the itch grows daily, I am the first to admit that it is not the right time to start trying again. Not yet.

My life is in a constant state of motion. If I'm not changing a diaper or cleaning accidental pee problems, I am hurrying to get Blue outside so we don't have bigger messes in the house. He's a pretty good dog and actually hasn't had a problem inside the house in a really long time, but I'm paranoid. I'd rather prevent a problem than clean one, so I take him out several times a day, which doesn't really work into my schedule all that well, but I do it, albeit with a chip on my shoulder 70% of the time.

Elle is just getting her feet working right, V is just starting to learn her letters and Mya is just starting to adjust to school. My routine is actually becoming very cyclical and to be honest, if I can't have more babies for some reason, I would actually be quite pleased with my little hormonal brood.

There are plenty of personal reasons why I am choosing to stall the itch. I don't feel the need to discuss all of them, but the biggest one is related to our unknown future. Once we have some idea as to what we might be doing, I will feel more comfortable tackling the itch. For now, I will keep nursing my baby who isn't much of a baby anymore. Nursing her is helping me stall. And for now, I will keep running and strengthening my body. Having a baby in my thirties is really going to do a number on these hips of mine.

While I wait for what might be close to a year to try again, I will keep peeking at my favorite baby pictures. Please indulge me for a minute.





2 comments :

  1. Elle and Genevieve look like the same baby! That's crazy! Also, when are you guys coming to visit?

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley