Houston: part two










On our last day in Houston, we stayed in a swanky hotel downtown, swam on the rooftop access, enjoyed delicious chocolate bunnies from the Easter Bunny, and visited the beautiful Hermann Park. Knowing we'd be gone on Easter, I quickly prepared the baskets ahead of time and asked Jerry to deliver them to our door early Sunday morning. The girls were so excited but were bummed they couldn't catch that "darn bunny" as Mya repeated several times.

We walked three miles around Hermann Park. It was so beautiful. I did not feel like I was in Texas. I particularly love the pictures I got of Mya and the tree (above). Something about the pictures reminded me of Shel Silverstein's book, The Giving Tree. I love watching my girls interact with objects in nature. Mya would've played on that tree all afternoon if we had let her. We also loved the gardens that lined the park. I'd highly recommend paying the park a visit if you're ever in Houston.

Again, we just want to thank Jerry for all the time and hospitality he showed us over Easter weekend. It meant the world to my girls. They always love seeing family.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley