thoughts from the past two weeks








It's been over 3 weeks since Timmy entered our lives and stole our hearts. I am constantly reminded how precious time is each time he looks at me with wide eyes because I know how quickly this stage goes. I feel like I'll blink and tomorrow I'll be making blue cupcakes for his 1st birthday. William Penn once said, "Time is what we want most, but what we use worst." I completely agree. It's so easy to fill our days with insignificant things that we completely miss great moments happening in front of us.

Every night I pray to be more in tune with the kids--not just Timmy. I ask for help to be more present with them. In some ways, I feel I am succeeding, but I still see a huge need for improvement. I love being a mother; it is more than I thought it would be. I believe I needed to be a mother to reach my highest potential as a woman. (To be clear, I don't think this of every woman. Some women are naturally inclined to do it on their own. I just needed my kids.) I love my job, even on the hard days when all the kids are screaming at once and I feel like hiding in my closet.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley