broken

I have so many unposted drafts on this blog. It actually makes me laugh to see them. To see the many, many times I tried to get out the feelings inside only to find myself lacking the words. I think people think 2020 was the worst year, and in so many ways it was awful. It plunged us into a deep, complicated political and medical abyss that lingers today, many months after it began. But 2020 was actually okay for us. We cocooned ourselves inside our house. We traveled, but we stayed away from people while still staying closely linked. As a family we grew tighter. And I loved it. 

I homeschooled the kids and loved being with them. I'd watch the lights go on as they learned new things and excel at different subjects. We learned so much together. It was a joy in my life. 

Until it wasn't. 

Something radically changed during the final month of homeschool; the kids were more irritable, less teachable. I was stretched in a million directions. It wasn't fun anymore. And then I snapped. On what was not supposed to be our last day of school but ended up being our last day of school, I asked the kids to write a little bit about what they liked and disliked about the year. I guess in my mind I had built up our year so much that I didn't think I would see much criticism, and I was honestly so stretched that I didn't even realize how fragile I was before I read the dumb essays. 

The criticism broke me. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it did. Of course there are a number of other factors that played into the complete self-implosion that happened that day, but that was the trigger. I lost my ever loving mind on the kids and canceled school. It was over. I was over. I needed space, but I could not get space. Stopping school did not mean I'd be alone. In fact, it meant now the kids would just blankly stare at me daily because they wanted to know the plans for every day of "summer." I felt suffocated and sick all the time. My mind was reeling, and yet, I could not be alone because I still had all these little people looking to me to be okay. 

I have felt broken since May. I lost so much confidence that day. I can't even explain it. I've talked to Tim, my friends, my new therapist, my family, etc., and I can't really explain why I broke that day. I just felt out of control and have felt that way ever since. I don't blow up like I did that day, but I just feel an emptiness that I can't fill. And I hurt so much. Sometimes I turn the shower water so hot that it burns my skin just enough to make me feel something because I don't feel anything. What a strange thing. And writing it out just makes me feel more ashamed that I am still here--in this place--all these months later, but I am. I am still here. 

I don't really know how to put myself together. I keep pretending, but that is becoming tiresome. I am just aching to break free from this thick fog and fly away for a bit, but I know I cannot fly far. It's all so overwhelming, and tonight I feel the pain a little more intensely, so I thought perhaps I should write and let the tears fall where they will and maybe I can just be honest with people and myself for a minute and say, I am not well. I am see through. I need space to breathe. 

I wonder how many other people feel like this from time to time but don't say anything. Well, here I am saying something. I am as real as I have always been. And life is freaking hard right now. I am alive, but I am not really living. And I just want this chapter to end. It needs to end. 

1 comment :

  1. Hi there,
    Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for Buy Fish meal Online in the whole USA? We are providing Buy indonesian cloves online, domino pourable brown sugar, best canned kidney beans, domino sugar, granulated, 4lb canister, best canned red beans, Buy Dry Fruits Online, Buy Oils Online, Buy Grains Online, Buy Sugars Online, Buy Spices Online, Buy Fibres Online, Buy Eggs Online, Buy Cashews Online, Buy Cow / Ox Gallstones Online, Buy White Rice Online, Buy Green Cardamon Online, Buy Soyabean Meal Online, Buy Fish meal Online, Buy NPK Fertillizer Online, Buy Dab Fertillizer Online, Buy Urea Fertillizer Online, Buy Mug Beans Online, Buy White Maize Online, Buy Raw Red Skin Peanuts Online, Buy Red Kidney Beans Online, Buy Cloves Online, Buy Sisal fibers Online, Buy Sesame Seeds Online, Buy Canola oil Online, Buy Sunflower oil Online, Buy Soybean oil Online, Buy Organic Brown Rice Online, Buy Black Pepper Online, Buy Almonds Online, Buy Walnuts, 16 Ounce Online, Buy Sugar Oline, Buy Brown Sugar Easy Pourable Light Brown 10 Oz (3 Pack) Online, Buy Parrot Eggs Online with the well price and our services are very fast. Click here for MORE DETAILS......
    Contact Us
    Contact Number : +255 0689 641 577
    Whastapp Number : +255 0689 641 577
    Email ID : info@stackgeneralcompanies.com

    ReplyDelete

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley